1. Obtaining Personal Information and Retention Period of Personal Information
- The Company obtains personal information of its customers through lawful and fair means by clearly indicating the purpose of use of that information in advance.
The Company obtains the following types of personal information with respect to its customers.
- Information provided by customers to the Company (including each customer's name, email address, date of birth, gender, and country of residence or address)
- Information regarding customer behavior on the Company's website (login history, browsing history, purchase history, and ticket reservation history)
- We may record our conversations with customers or clients on the telephone.
- Use of webpages that require membership registration on the Company's website is conditioned on the registration of personal information by each customer.
- If a period for the retention of customer personal information has been set, the Company will retain that personal information for that period, and in all other cases, the Company will retain customer personal information until the customer requests the Company to delete that personal information.
2. Use of Personal Information
Personal information obtained and managed by the Company is used to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes and will not be used for any other purpose without the consent of the relevant individual or unless permitted under a law or regulation.
Further, the Company might provide personal information to the extent necessary to a subcontractor when delegating some services to an outside party to facilitate its business operations. In that case, the Company will execute an agreement with any such subcontractor with respect to the handling of the entrusted personal information and it will conduct necessary and appropriate monitoring to ensure the secure management of that personal information.
- Purpose of Use of Customer Personal Information
- Providing goods (including CDs and DVDs) and services (including public performances and fan clubs) of artists affiliated with the Company, providing information about those goods and services, providing information about new films produced by the Company and films distributed by the Company, information about events, and information about goods and services of businesses related to the Company
- Responding to inquiries from customers
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to payment requests, refunds, payments, and similar matters
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information of Shareholders
Managing the Company's shareholders such as exercising the Company's rights and performing its obligations under the Companies Act, recording and managing the operation of shareholders meetings, providing benefits from the Company to its shareholders, and preparation of data under laws and regulations
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the relevant individual unless there is a justifiable reason such as if that is permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or another law or regulation.
4. Management of Personal Information
The Company will endeavor to keep personal information accurate and up to date to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use and to delete that personal information without delay when its use is no longer necessary.
Further, the Company will take appropriate security measures against unauthorized access and computer viruses with respect to personal information handled by the Company and take necessary and sufficient security measures against the divulgence, loss, extinguishment, alteration, or other unauthorized use of personal information. Further, the Company will provide comprehensive training to its employees with respect to the appropriate handling of the personal information of its customers.
The manager of personal information at the Company is as follows.
Manager: Amuse Inc.
20-1 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
5. Notice of Purpose of Use and Rights Held by Customers With Respect to Personal Information (Disclosure, Corrections, Additions, Suspension of Use, Deletions, Etc.)
- If the Company receives a request from a customer for notice of the purpose of use of personal information in the possession of the Company, the Company will promptly notify the customer except for the following cases.
- If the purpose of use of the personal information concerning the customer is clear
- If it is likely that notice would harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the customer or a third party
- If it is likely that notice would harm the rights or legitimate interests of the Company
- If it is necessary for the Company to cooperate with a national government organ or a local government in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and where notifying the customer of the purpose of use is likely to impede the execution of those affairs
- Each customer has the following rights with respect to the personal information concerning that customer in the possession of the Company.
- The right to request the Company to restrict the use of, correct, or delete personal information
- The right to make an appeal against the use of personal information by the Company and the right to make an appeal to a supervisory authority
- The right to data portability (meaning the right of a customer to request the Company to provide data concerning him or her that has been processed by the Company and the right of a customer to request the Company to provide data concerning him or her in a form specified by the customer to a third party specified by the customer (with respect to the latter right, limited to where that is technically possible))
- The right of a customer to withdraw consent that has been given when personal information concerning him or her has been provided (use of personal information of a customer by the Company before the withdrawal of consent by the customer will not be affected by the withdrawal of consent)
- If the Company receives a request from a customer for the disclosure of personal information concerning that customer that is in the possession of the Company, it will promptly notify that customer based on prescribed procedures except for the following cases.
- If it is likely that disclosure would harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the customer or a third party
- If it is likely that disclosure would significantly hinder the proper implementation of the business operations of the Company
- If that disclosure would be in violation of a law or ordinance
- If the Company receives a request from a customer for the correction, addition, or deletion of the contents of personal information concerning that customer in the possession of the Company, the Company will conduct an investigation without delay and take appropriate measures based on the results of that investigation.
- If the Company receives a request from a customer for the suspension of use or deletion of personal information concerning that customer in the possession of the Company and it discovers that there are grounds for that request, the Company will promptly take appropriate measures.
The Company might send or transmit to a customer by post, email, or another means information regarding goods or services, etc. of the Company or a business related to the Company that is considered beneficial to the customer to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use set out in Article 2. If a customer does not wish to receive that information, the sending or transmitting of that information will be promptly suspended when the Company receives a request from that customer.
- Requests under this paragraph and requests for the suspension of sending and transmitting post, email, and other communications are to be made by the following method. Please be aware that a request that is not made by the following method might not be accepted.
- Method and Contact Point for Requests
Please make requests to the prescribed contact point by a method prescribed by the Company with respect to which the customers have been informed in advance.
- Verification of the Requesting Customer's Identity
To confirm that a request has been made by the individual concerned, the Company will verify that person's identity by confirming his or her driver's license, passport, health insurance card, registered seal certificate, or other identification card, calling the telephone number of that person registered with the Company, and confirming information concerning that person that has been registered with the Company such as his or her name, address, telephone number, passcode, transfer account number, and credit card number.
- Method and Contact Point for Requests
6. Protection of Personal Information on Other Websites
The Company is not responsible for the protection of personal information of a customer on another website that is linked to a website of the Company.
Cookies, device-fingerprinting or other techniques similar thereto may be used to make services more convenient for customers who visit the Company's website.
As a result, customers' terminal equipment will be recognized when they visit the website again, which is expected to lead to the Company's providing services more convenient to the customers. Further, the Company's website employs access analysis tools in order to improve services. Analysis may be conducted through cookies, device-fingerprinting or other techniques similar thereto in connection with such analysis.
See this website for information on the structure in which data is collected and processed by access analysis tools.
- Function of Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information that are sent from a web server to the customer's browser and that information might be stored as a file on the customer's disk to enable the effective use of the Internet.
By using cookies, a web server can record information such as which webpages a customer visits.
By using cookies, it is possible to identify a computer that is used by a customer, but it is not possible to identify an individual customer unless the customer enters personal information on the Company's website. (Cookies themselves do not contain any information from which an individual can be identified.)
Ads by the Company are posted on a range of websites on the Internet by third party vendors.
- Declining Cookies (Opting Out)
A customer may decline cookies (opt out) by a simple operation.
By "opting out," a customer is able to prevent having information concerning him or her associated to a specified browser.
By doing that, it is possible for the customer to decline (opt out) of cookies used to give the Company's ads without deleting or modifying other cookies associated with the browser being used by the customer.
If cookies from the Company are not required, please decline the cookies by using the setting of the browser being used.
8. Improvement Measures